All products purchased at www.theergocentre.com.au can be returned to The Ergo Centre providing they were purchased within Australia and they have clearly breached a consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). These apply to products that:
- are faulty or are not of acceptable quality;
- have been damaged during transit;
- do not match the purpose described, or are not as described in the product description;
- do not correspond with a sample provided; and/or
- have been sent to you incorrectly (e.g. products which you did not order).
If our failure to comply with a consumer guarantee constitutes a 'major failure' under the ACL, we will refund the purchase price of the product or send you a replacement product (at your discretion), and compensate you for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. If it does not constitute as a 'major failure', we will replace the product.
A failure to comply with a consumer guarantee is a 'major failure' if: (a) the product would not have been acquired by a reasonable consumer if they knew about the failure; (b) the product departs significantly from its description or a sample; (c) the product is substantially unfit for purpose and cannot be easily remedied; or (d) the product is not of acceptable quality because it is unsafe.
We will not refund a product if:
- Too much time has passed. The right to a refund ends after a period of time has passed in which one would expect the problem to have become apparent; or
- The product was damaged after being delivered to you.
We will not refund or replace a product if you have changed your mind about purchasing the product or made an incorrect choice. In the event you are not satisfied with an item you have purchased, you may return the item WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE.
In order for your return to be processed as quickly as possible, please follow our returns procedure below.
- Contact Customer Service for return authorisation.
- Call Customer Service on 08 8293 5503 or email email@example.com
- Have your Sales Order number (SO#) or Invoice number ready
- If the item is faulty or damaged, please include relevant photos
- Make sure your return meets the following:
- Product is in new condition
- Product is in its original packaging with all parts and accessories
- Product was purchased in the last 30 days
- Product is not included in *EXCEPTIONS (listed below)
- Return the item to The Ergo Centre:
- Address returns to: Returns Department, The Ergo Centre, Unit 2 27 Anzac Highway, Keswick SA 5035.
- Please note the shipping cost for returns is at the customer’s expense, and original shipping costs are non-refundable.
- Pack the items securely to avoid damage in transit. All returned products must be in the same condition in which they were received. We suggest you register your packages to avoid loss. The Ergo Centre is not liable for any costs related to the loss of unregistered returned parcels.
- If your order has been shipped, or is in the process of being shipped, we will not be able to cancel your order. In this instance you will need to follow the return instructions once you receive your package.
- A 20 % administration fee is deducted from any refund amount. This administration fee is required to account for duplicate processing, depreciation and restocking.
- Inspection and refund:
- Upon receiving your returned item(s), The Ergo Centre will inspect the item at our discretion to ensure it meets our returns policy guidelines. If in the event there is an issue with your returned item(s), we will contact you directly.
- Applicable refunds will be credited to customers within 7 business days via the same payment method used to place the original order.
- For faulty or damaged item(s):
- Please notify The Ergo Centre of damaged or faulty merchandise within 24 hours of receiving your order to arrange for repairs, a refund or product exchange. Please ensure you retain all the original boxes and packaging.
This Refunds and Returns Policy applies to the extent it is permitted by the ACL and nothing in this Policy excludes, restricts or modifies, or has the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying: (a) the application of the ACL, (b) the exercise of a right conferred by the ACL; or (c) any liability of a person for a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee under the ACL.
Return Enquires should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 8293 5503.
Bedding: due to health code limiting the resale of bedding items, the following products are not returnable if they have been opened: pillows, body pillows, leg and bed wedges, mattress overlays/toppers, pillow covers and mattress protectors.
Discontinued/sale items: discontinued or sale items are considered final sale and are not returnable. Please do not ship these items to The Ergo Centre, as we cannot issue a credit to your account.
Custom/special orders: custom made products (including office chairs, recliner/massage chairs, electric desks or workstations) and special order products (including ADL, adjustable bed frames and electric bases or non-standard Ergotron units) are not returnable unless faulty or damaged.
All special orders, or custom made products, are non-refundable or exchangeable.